Be Equipped to Succeed Academically
As a Southwest Baptist University student, you have numerous resources available to
help you succeed academically and prepare for life after graduation.
"Every professor has gotten to know me, prayed for me, and reached out to me. 有
the ability to know that I can talk with my professors has been amazing."
Elementary education major from Lebanon, Mo.
Whether you need tips for writing an essay or assistance with coursework, there are
plenty of resources available to help support you in your studies.
- University Writing Center — This free service connects you with help for any stage of the writing process and
is open weekly (appointments are encouraged) in the Jester Learning and Performance
Center on the Bolivar Campus.
- 数学实验室 — Receive help in algebra, pre-calculus, calculus and more during the 数学实验室, open
in the evenings Monday through Thursday (specific hours and locations vary, offered
on the Bolivar Campus).
- 研究一个 — Looking for one-on-one research assistance? You can have an individual appointment
with your college's librarian for guidance about navigating library resources and
researching for assignments.
- Run 2 Win — If you need a little extra help making a successful transition into college, Run
2 Win will connect you with an upperclassman mentor who will help you study for your
classes and talk through any issues that may arise during your time at SBU. 停止了
the University Success Center on the Bolivar Campus for more information.
- 研究会话 — Benefit from extra study time during various 研究会话, which focus on specific
courses and are led by upperclassmen who have already taken the course and succeeded.
- 科学辅导 — Looking for help in science courses? Take advantage of tutoring offered by chemistry
faculty or upperclassmen biology students throughout the semester.
- Biblical Studies Tutoring — Students in Theta Alpha Kappa, the national religious studies and theology honor
society, provide tutoring for introductory Biblical studies and theology courses.
You can attend group study sessions or get individual help from tutors.
- 复习 — Attend review sessions held throughout the year for various classes.
University Success Center
The University Success Center (USC) assists first-year and transfer students on the
Bolivar Campus as you transition into life at SBU. As a new student to SBU, you will
take seminar classes and receive personalized academic advising through the USC as
you adjust academically, emotionally, spiritually and socially at SBU.
Learn More 宝博体育 the USC
Make an Academic Plan
We have resources available to help you plan your class schedule and make sure you
enroll in all the classes you need to complete your desired degree.
Prepare for a Career
SBU's Office of 职业服务 provides valuable resources to help prepare you to
succeed in a career after you graduate. Examples of resources provided by 职业服务
- Job search databases
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Mock job interviews
- Career counseling and assessments
Learn More 宝博体育 职业服务
Expand Your Learning
SBU encourages you to excel academically and take advantage of the many opportunities
- Take your learning global through the 出国留学 程序
- Conduct research under the guidance of the Research Review Board
- 探索 University Libraries — get help from their Research Assistance desk, work on group projects in a study
room, utilize Media Services resources, or just pick up a book to read for fun!